The Jefferson County Historical Society is a privately-supported, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization founded in 1850. The mission of the society is to educate the public about Jefferson County History through educational programs and displays, through the acquisition and maintenance of historic materials and through the provision of research opportunities for people interested in local history.
The society maintains the History Center campus which has a main building with the history museum, the children’s room and the library/archives, the historic 1895 railroad station with its large display of railroad memorabilia, and the 1918 authentically restored caboose.
John Nyberg, Executive Director
JoAnne Spiller, Education Director
Board of Directors
Marilyn King (secretary)
Diane Munier (president)
Ron Roaks (vice president)
Jan Vetrhus (treasurer)
615 West First Stree, Madison, IN 47250